Dr Amy Lingard
Specialist Feline Veterinarian
Amy graduated from the University of Queensland Veterinary School in 2001. After spending a year at a busy small animal hospital and emergency centre in Melbourne, she decided to pursue her passion for feline medicine and returned to Brisbane to work at the Creek Road Cat Clinic (where she first met Richard). Here she had the pleasure of working alongside Dr Vic Menrath (the first Feline Specialist in Australia) & Dr Marcus Gunew, 2 of Australia’s foremost feline veterinarians.
Amy commenced a Feline Medicine Residency at the University of Sydney Valentine Charlton Cat Centre in 2005 under the guidance of Dr Vanessa Barrs and Dr Julia Beatty, both renowned Feline Medicine Specialists. During her time at the University of Sydney Veterinary Centre, Amy completed a two-year Fellowship training program and accepted the position of Feline Medicine Registrar. Having completed her training, Amy moved to Melbourne to work with her partner Richard Gowan at The Cat Clinic Prahran.
Amy attained Membership of the Feline Chapter of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in 2006 and then passed her Fellowship exams in 2010 and became Victoria’s second Registered Feline Specialist. She has presented at many veterinary scientific conferences and published several articles in peer-reviewed feline medicine journals. Her main area of interest is feline digestive health, intestinal and pancreatic disorders.
Amy is lucky enough to share her life with 4 cats (and Richard of course). Stella, Stirling, Soy and Harper.
Amy’s professional qualifications and post-graduate training include:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (First degree honours) at University of Queensland – 2001
- Membership of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in Feline Medicine – 2006
- Feline Medicine Residency at University of Sydney Valentine Charlton Cat Centre- 2006-2008
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in Feline Medicine – 2010
- Secretary of the Feline Chapter of the ACVSc 2010 – present
- Registered Specialist in Feline Medicine 2010